Symposion: “Human Rights Abuses of People with Epilepsy, Mental Diseases and Disabilities”
Aim: Amnesty International is inviting organizations and experts to get informed about the rights of people with epilepsy or mental disabilities or diseases. We want to reflect possibilities of research and campaigning involving political lobbyism.
Organization: “Aktionsnetzwerk Heilberufe” Amnesty International
(network of medical staff)
Date: Feb 16th 2019, 9am – 6 pm
Location: Kassel / Germany
Technology: simultaneous translation into English / German by headphones
Moderation: Jacob Hildebrand (speaker of the “Aktionsnetzwerk
Reception: Department of Psychology of the University of Kassel
Board of Amnesty International Germany
Lectures (50 Min. incl. discussion, the exact topics will be defined by the
- Michael Huppertz (“Aktionsnetz Heilberufe”): Amnesty International’s Position on Mental Health and Human Rights. Answers and Questions.
- Wolfgang Krahl (“Internationales Netzwerk zur Entwicklungszusammenarbeit im Bereich psychische Gesundheit e.V.”): Global Mental Health and Human Rights – An Overview on the Current Situation.
- Carmen Valle (cbm): Campaign in Ghana, Influence of the WHO, Working with the mhGAP Quality Rights Manual
- Human Rights Watch (inquired): Campaigns of HRW especially in Indonesia and Ghana
- Nathalie Kouakou (Amnesty International Cote D’Ivoire): The Situation in Western Afrika, Especially in Cote D’Ivoire – The Governmental Task and the Role of Humanitarian Organisations
- Anja Baumann (“Aktion psychisch Kranke”): Advocacy on the Subject in Germany – Possibilities of Influence of the German Government and Other Political AgentPanel discussion (90 Min., moderation: Jacob Hildebrand)